"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Death

I found out today that one of my friends from high school, Phil Kinney, passed away in a car accident this past October. It's not that we were best friends, but he was in many of my classes and I knew him fairly well, as well as one can know a fellow student in highschool where your interaction is mainly in class. But at the same time, it really shook me. He was only 21, my age, and yet, now he's gone. I think he was the first from our class to pass away since graduation, and it's just kind of sobering and sad.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know how you feel, Bob. It is almost 10 years since Jeff died - that fact almost weirds me out a little more than his death did. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were passing corny notes in church history. Makes you stop and think. Aren't you glad you took the opportunity to go to Italy when you had it? What else can you grab for today (not in a selfish sense but in a carpe diem sense)?