"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Break- the halfway point

So here I am, already halfway through another spring break. Since I haven't gone anywhere, I thought I'd make this spring break a productive one... let's recount and see if I've done that so far.

So far I have:

-Spackled, primed and painted two colors of paint in my roommate's new house with his fiance and other friends (the roommate is off singing around the midwest with Capella- oh does he ever owe us!)
-Cut a woodblock and printed 250 invitations for a friend's wedding, by hand with no press.
-Thrown and finished 6 mugs and 2 jars (had a day where nothing I threw I liked/was good therefore the number does not reflect my time spent in the studio)
-Primed and painted the gallery wall for the new show going up (I get paid for that painting at least)
-Started catching up on some homework I let slide (I know, slap on the wrist)

So Here's what I still have to do this spring Break:
-Find paper and print out the information parts of the invitations for the Postema-VanderKooy wedding
-Work on my one research paper for this semester (maybe get it mostly written??)
-Finish the homework I've been stalling on.
-Hem a painting, maybe two. OK, don't ask on this one... it's too hard to explain right now.
-Glaze my ceramics that have been already bisque fired.
-Reflect on turning 22 this coming Sunday... (ahem...cough cough)

Yep, that's about it. Not too bad, and I've alread accomplished a lot, and even if some of these things don't get done it won't be the end of the world. So... for those of you in Sunny anywhere, I wish I was there... Did I mention that the temp was in the 20's... and grey.... woot for a West Michigan Spring Break...

2 comments:

B said...

Hey, at least you still get a spring break, Little Brother! Some of us have to work ALL YEAR ROUND!! But we'll have our own little "summer break" if you can find time in your busy schedule to come out here this summer. By the way, how's the computer (ahem, cough cough)! :)

bob said...

The computer is excellent oh generous sister!! And, by the way you were not only the first to give a present (ok, it was two months early, but I'm not complaining!) you were also the first and so far only to give a real card!! Em gave me an e-card with an online gift certificate (THANK YOU SO MUCH EM!) but paper mail is nice too... :)