"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Friday, June 02, 2006

Moving

I am now officially in my new house and I love it!

There is something aout having a room of your own that makes a huge difference from sharing one. Its not that I didn't like living with the guys these past two years, but having a place to arrange my way, and slum and get dirty if I want and do just about what ever with, is kinda nice. I feel much older and more in real life with my own room... if you can believe that!

Moving was stressful and painful... elbows should avoid doors in the future. and concrete is not a good mattress... but that was only for one night... and I did have blankets, but by the end of the night they felt like they were paper thin...

Anyway, so my bed is now in my room, my clothes are in my dresser, and my books are getting up on my shelves... yes, things are coming together.

The summer job is continuing... the show in the gallery is up and ready to open Monday, the studios are getting cleaner, and things are progressing as usual.

This coming week should be fun as a candidate for the position of painting professor is coming. That should bring some excitement and will be fun to meet him.

Aside from that, life progresses, and I plan on making some more headway on boxes the next few days off...

oh, as a side note, I would like to take this time to brag: for the second semester of my tenure at Calvin, I have 4 pointed... that's right, straight A's for Bob... I keep my scholarships for another semester!

3 comments:

B said...

Cough...gag...Did we expect anything less? Of course, we so proud of you Bobby!

Katie said...

Awesome, Bob! I did that my last senior semester, too - but I was student teaching and in another state so they trusted that I did a good job, I guess. But I digress. Congrats.

MLE said...

I like your verbage--didn't know 4 "pointed" was a verb form, but I guess I'm wrong. After all, you are the smart one! Yeah, like Kate, I did that one semester too. Way to go.