"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

some things

Yesterday, while I was walking home in the early evening, it was snowing PERFECT snowflakes. I almost walked into a tree because I was watching them all fall on my black gloves. Some were tiny and perfect, but some were almost 1/4 of an inch across! They were huge and still fully intact and perfect... needless to say, it was cool.

Interim is going well and is a lot of fun... hopefully I'll get some pictures of what I've done soon, nad then you can all ooh and ahh... or insult, whatever you want.

I talked to grandma for almost a half hour yesterday... it was good to talk to her!

After multiple meetings, my fellow BFA'ers and I have decided upon a show title... but you will just have to wait to hear it.

My slides came in the mail today and they look awesome! My final 2 grad applications will be going out in the mail tomorrow!

7 comments:

Katie said...

We have yet to see snow, but there is a small chance of it this evening. Monday was 67 degrees out - today it's in the 20s! I like wearing layers again - makes me looked padded and not just fat.

Gayle and Rob said...

Eagerly awaiting pictures. You need to read the book "Snowflake Bentley" - it's the story of the man who first photographed snowflakes. Check the children's section at the library - its a Caldecott winner.

B said...

Yeah for finishing applications! How are you feeling about all that?

MLE said...

Not nice keeping secrets! I don't know if I can wait until March to know the "title" now that you've dangled that carrot. We had snow here too--not so beautiful, but very very cold!

Gayle and Rob said...

Does it begin with a vowel???

bob said...

ironically, yes... it does begin with a vowel!

Katie said...

Ha Ha