"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Long Overdue...

Well, the title says enough. I have no real excuse for the fact that I haven't posted lately.
But, in my defense, somedays the only things that change are the clothing I wear. And that's a good thing.

At times, retail can become very routine. You get new clothes in boxes, you unpack the boxes, you hang the clothes on fixtures, customers come and mess up those fixtures sometimes even choosing to purchase the clothing, and you ring the customer up, and wish them a good day, and then clean up the mess that the customers made. All in all, that's the retail routine.

However, due to the impending holiday season (i.e. Black Friday) things have been a little more exciting at work. I've learned to 'cash handle' and that lets me count in and out drawers in addition to being able to do more with the registers. It's more responsibility, and actually a lot of fun. I was trained for this because I'm full time, and next Friday, my job will be to stay up at the front by the registers and help the sales associates who are ringing on the registers. I will get quarters for them if they run out, I will get them more register tape when they run out, and I will be able to take over for them when they need breaks. I will also be auditing their cash drawers after they clock out, so another person can come in and take over at the same register. (we audit so that at the end of the day, the last person to ring doesn't get stuck with a mistake someone else made... usually its only a penny or two, but sometimes it can be more...)

And aside from the crowds and inevitable insanity that should be accompanying retail work this next weekend, it should actually be kinda exciting. At least there will be lots to do!

Aside from that not too much else happening. I did spend my last day off sitting at the DMV to get my Colorado plates, and now have to figure out how to attach the green and whites to the front of my car where no plate had gone before!

Oh, and here are a couple of pictures from the first snow of the season a couple weeks ago... and hopefully we'll soon have more... this endless summer/fall is kinda confusing on what to wear, compounded with the fact that I get up in the frigid early morning hours and sometimes by the time I 'm home in the afternoon it's very warm... so needless to say, layers are a good thing, but not always easy.
















4 comments:

B said...

Yea! At last a post! I know you're sitting in the room next to me, but it's still fun to give you comments to read! Can't wait for the next one (hee hee - I know what the picture is!) :)

MLE said...

Yeah! It's about time! Have fun during the crazies on Friday. I'll be thinking of you and glad that I'm going to be sitting inside working on a paper rather than facing the crowds!

Gayle and Rob said...

Hey! At last, a post from my boy-out-West! Glad to hear from you digitally, and nice couple of pics. We're enjoying 65 degree weather today with wonderful colors on the trees - still! DC is great inside & out. Fun times with the kids & grands. We'll post this week-end when we get home. Enjoy the busyness on Friday and keep your sense of humor. People can be bug-nuts at times; all you have to do is cultivate a sense of awe & wonder at how God makes such variety in His creation!

MLE said...

Hey still waiting for that next post -- the one that is supposed to be so funny. Yous said I should read it, but it's not here!