"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Sunday, April 27, 2008

back in Denver

Well, aside from a little bit, ok a lot, of turbulence, my flight got back to Denver ok. It is nice to be back in Denver, where I have a bed and bathroom of my own (but thanks Alisha and Chris, and Scott for use of yours!!) and there is a nice comfortable familiarity to ones own bed.

My trip was in a word, wonderful. I got to see friends that I didn't realized I had missed as much as I had. I got to see family, including Kim's new house! and hear Mike's proposal story. And I had WAY too many dinners out. :) Not that they weren't appreciated!!!

The art show was amazing, and I am so proud of all the work that the BFA grads had done. It was amazing to see all the work in the gallery and get a little glimpse into the art I've missed being made.

I also got a shot in the arm and a great pep talk and critique from Anna, and there is no doubt in my mind as to the direction I need to keep going in... back to gradschool. Hopefully it will be sooner than later, but one day at a time is all I can do.

4 comments:

MLE said...

I'm glad Anna gave you some words of encouragement -- I agree with her! I'd love to see you re-apply and get in to grad school -- I know that is where your talents lie, and I hope you keep on pursuing that dream. I'm glad you had fun. Kim said you were the life of the party, as you gave Grandpa a chance to share all his old stories about somehting other than the war! Way to go!

Gayle and Rob said...

Emily's comment sounds like we need to hear "the rest of the story".

redtaylor said...

you are the best. it was wonderful to see you. book club! purple pots! birds! you are missed, but i can't wait to talk about our novel.

Katie said...

Hooray for Anna!