"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Woo!

Well, I got good news today!
The promotion I knew was kind of in the works, finally went through and was approved by the district manager and her boss (welcome to a month of bureaucratic figuring out!)!

So while I'm not sure what the entire job will entail, I know that next week I'll be opening the store by myself and trying to keep things in order while I'm in charge!

So while things will be a challenge for a while, it should be good and kind of fun.

6 comments:

B said...

Woo hoo! That is so great Brother! So proud of you. I mean that.

MLE said...

So does that mean you're a full manager? IS that a pay increase? Way to go! You've really proven yourself after that early interview where that woman wasn't sure about you and if you'd stick around or not. You showed them! :)

Gayle and Rob said...

Yeah, Bob!! We are very proud of your hard work and your willingness to make the best of this job even if you see it as a transition to what you're really wanting to do, you are proving yourself and your determination!! Congratulations!!

redtaylor said...

congratulations! woot.

Justy said...

You are awesome. I told you hocking that metallic clothing would get you somewhere great. The apparel of the future, I said.

Gayle and Rob said...

Proud of you, son! I don't know if your co-workers recognize godly traits in the workplace, but you keep on quietly showing what it means to live by a higher standard. And it's fun when bosses reward those skills and qualities! Salt & light...