"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Monday, August 25, 2008

President Jimmy Carter!

So, you are all aware that the DNC is happening in Denver this week. And if you aren't, open a newspaper, please.

Anyway, so one of the dignitaries that is making an appearance is President Jimmy Carter. I'm bringing this up, not just because I like peanuts, but because on Wednesday, Carter, his wife and a few other delegates are taking time out of their busy schedules to plant some trees in Aurora. Specifically at Bicentennial Park, home of the Bicentennial Art Center where I teach!
No, I won't be able to go as the Secret Service is closing the center for safety, but if you watch your local or national news, I'm sure you will see some footage of Carter et al. planting trees and if you look carefully you may see the BAC, a small brown building with perhaps a mural on the side, which is where I work!

So stay tuned and keep your ears open! Its day one of the DNC and things are already crazy!

No comments: