"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Grad Schools and other stuff

Well, today I called three different grad schools as a preliminary measure to applying. It was kinda nerve wracking and I'm not sure why.

Tonight I'm sending out emails to faculty members at the schools to which I'm applying. I want ot see what kind of respose i get and if they are willing to help out a nervous senior. I wrote up a basic letter that my boss (who went through this a few years ago) read over and he said it was a good start to getting my name out to the departments.

I just don't want to come across as needy or clingy.

Anyway, the kiln was fairly successful... I'm planning on photographing my work on Friday so maybe I'll have some images to share this weekend.

3 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

I'd love to see the fruit of your labors!!

B said...

So when do you want to come out here to check out Boulder? (hint, hint!) I think that the end of my senior year - when all the applications and decisions had to be completed - was one of the most stressful times. But we're here for you, Bro! Hope you find some time to relax in all this, too.

Gayle and Rob said...

Remember this one thing, son. God has gifted you. Those gifts may not fit in every grad school, but I am convinced that there is a grad school that will be just the right fit for you and those gifts He has blessed you with. Yes, this is a stressful time for you. May you also find God's peace and confidence in knowing that He holds you securely in the palm of His Hand.