"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Sunday, November 20, 2005

better late than never...

Ok, so since the entire family is blogging, and I'm kinda out of the loop, here it is, the Blog of Bob... just don't expect too much, I do have exams and BFA reviews coming up, but I'll do my best...

Right now, I'm taking a break from typing a paper on Albrecht Durer and one of his self portraits depicting himself as Christ....

The difficulty I'm having is deciding how to discuss this issue. Is this really a very heretical thing that should not be done? Or rather is it a pious attempt to understand what Christ was going through?

Anyway, I hope the paper sounds decent...
And its almost Thanksgiving!! Yeah for a short week of classes!!

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

Good for you, BJ! A break every once in a while is healthy, and it keeps us up on what you're thinking.