"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Its done!!!

I opened the kiln this morning and I was so happy with the results! I had glazed a lot of my work because the intro students hadn't and we needed more work for a full firing, so I had the majority of my work in this firing.

My stuff came out so well, I cannot even describe it! I didn't sleep well last night because I was nervous and excited, but this morning, I was so relieved... It actually was amazing, and I was highly complimented by my prof for both my work and my time spent doing the firing...

Now all I have really is some final projects in my drawing class, a paper to finish for Modernism Art History, and Exams to study for... oh, and my BFA review... I'm a little nervous about that, but I should be alright. Hopefully...

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

Yeah!!! I was hoping you'd write soon to say how things turned out! Any way we can see some pictures of this stuff? Or do we need to wait until Christmas? Will some of these new pieces be good for the BFA reveiw? Proud of you boy!