"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Getting there...

Well, I have to say that I think this semester has been one of the most difficult of my schooling carrer. I know I over extended myself, and it sucks a little to realize how much is left, but at the same time, my BFA review went well, and while I haven't had a chance to talk to the professor I was assigned and hear the critical feed back, I heard from numerous profs that they thought my work was excellent and that I showed that I had really been working hard. So, when I get stressed out, and I'm freaking about what I have left to do, it is nice to remember that it is for something, and that my work is being recognized. On the flip side, I think what is most difficult for me knowing I have my art history exams coming up is that I don't see the final result like I do in a studio class. But I do know they are extremely worthwile and I do enjoy learning.

So, its down to three exams, two final class critiques, an individual final critique, and plane ride home only six days away (of course I never count today, its almost over. Not really but six is better than seven) :)

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

OK, in the middle of the pressure and work of end of semester wrap-up and study, tuck this away in the back of your head...The Orlando forecast for the next 10 days is lows in the upper 40's to mid-50's and the highs are in the upper 60's to low 70's. It might rain a day or 2 in there, but it's warm rain! AND! the Pinocchio paphiopedilum, Miltonia (Calvin colors), white oncidium, and purplish dendrobium are all blooming.

bob said...

I can't wait... really... I can't wait.