"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

O Christmas tree...

A Holiday Poem for my Family titled
'Stalling' or 'I Love Christmas' or 'Tomorrow Is My Last Day of Class!'

I've had Christmas music in my head for two days.
It really is something that just stays and stays.
I'm not really sure how all the songs go,
But then when I hear them I think, OH NO!

It's only two days till the time is near,
My BFA review instills in me great fear.
My work is all done, there's nothing more to do,
But unload a kiln and whip up a drawing or two.

And then I get thinking of eighteen days hence,
When all of my family will be within the same fence.
And together we will share some holiday cheer
and try not to fight, or drink too much beer.

:) For you guys...

3 comments:

MLE said...

Well, quite a stunning specimen of procrastination poetry. I've written quite a few in my day, and seem to be doing so currently when it comes to (not) writing my annotated bibliography! Speak for yourself, but I don't plan on drinking too much beer!

Gayle and Rob said...

Hear,hear on the cheer, though not on the beer. I hope we don't fight, but you know that we might. We're all pretty strong - and no one's ever wrong. Who gets the bed? Who's seeing red? So bring your best attitude - mine will be gratitude.

bob said...

I wasn't saying we were boozers, but beer rhymed with cheer... and I didn't think of any others that did.

Now of coures I think of hear, fear, leer, mirror (say it like you're from GR and it works), we're, deer, dear, ear, tear, sear (but only if I was talking about steaks - Emily, the meat kind, not the 'mis' kind) :)

Ok, that was fun!