"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Monday, December 05, 2005

guess that tune!

OK, so what song is running through my head right now?

that's right that loverly classic "Another One Bites the Dust"...

Another paper done, another project finished, both ready to be turned in tomorrow for classes...

Another kiln stacked (that's the second gas firing in a week), and lit, and tomorrow I'll go in early (but not too early, this time around 8:00 am) and turn up the heat,a and spend the day nervously attending it, as I have two major pieces in it that I need to turn out for my BFA review on Friday... Coincidentally, Friday morning should be the right time to open the kiln! Talk about cutting it close...

So aside from the Art History flash cards I have yet to make to review for my exam a week from today (there are 260 cards total), and the BFA statement and title cards, and works to set up for Friday morning, and the agonizing hours while the Faculty deliberates, and the final drawing project that I have to finish.... Well I'm almost there!

At least the end is in sight...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim, swim....

Set that to music and you're my hero... and that folks is my life's soundtrack right now... :)

1 comment:

Gayle and Rob said...

Whoa, it's time for you and Emily to get on down here and relax for awhile. Seems you are both at the bursting point. Shall I quote grandma Bosscher and say "This too shall pass"? I know that doesn't give much comfort, but it's the truth. Love you - praying for you. Mom