"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Monday

First of all, lists are easy; I don't have to be all witty and creative in my prose.

Things I accomplished:
- aced another Japanese quiz, this time on 46 hiragana (one of the 4 written languages used by the Japanese)
- pugged around 100lbs of clay (that's basically reconstituting it so it can be worked with again)
- participated in a critique and had my work critiqued (both were pretty good)
- ate lunch
- worked for two hours in the gallery
- attended Japanese drills (pratice sessions with a native speaker, lots of fun!)
- threw from 3:30pm to 10:30pm, with only a half hour break for dinner at Johnny's
- threw 6 teapot bodies (we'll see which ones really work out though), 4 large bowls, 3 tall vases, a rounded jar that was too small to be considered a teapot body, and a plate... it was supposed to be a platter, but there were issues... my issues... with throwing.
- talked to my roommates for a while, and went to bed

Things to accomplish tomorrow:
- throw at least 6 spouts for the teapots
- pull 6 handles for the teapots
- trim the feet of all the things I threw today
- attend sculpture and Senior Seminar classes
- hopefully glaze some works I bisque fired last Thursday

But it's only the beginning of the week and already super busy!
But also really fun.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Are all those things for your BFA show thingy? Will you sell some, or can I have a teapot?

MLE said...

Speaking of teapots--if it helps you out any, you may take back temporarily the one you gave me to add to your show! But I must get it back, 'cuz I love it!

Gayle and Rob said...

Your busyness and energy to do all that throwing must mean that at least the bad cough - sneeze thing is clearing up. Yes? Do you have anything for sale in the bookstore anymore?

bob said...

No, I just don't have time to be sick... and yes there are still things for sale in the bookstore, though I did finally sell my favorite vase that was in there!