"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hello college debt...

So, I just finished my online exit loan counseling, and I have to say, it's not as bad as I once feared... Oh, don't get me wrong, it's terrifying. But knowing that I'll be paying off my lovely Calvin education for the next 25 years is actually comforting! Something called regularity... I can rest assured that it will be there for years to come, giving me stability in my time of uncertainty.

Indeed, I look on it as a good thing, this constant presence of debt. It's reassuring. It's like a warm blanket... or maybe smothering blanket, I can't tell...

Anyway, first of the last exams is tomorrow afternoon, so I need some sleep. Japanese should go fairly well, and it will be nice to have one more finished!

4 comments:

B said...

Good luck on your exams!! The sooner you're done, the sooner I get to see you!! :)

Katie said...

We know all about regularity over here. ;)

If you like the debt so much, you can have mine, too. I'll gladly sign it over to you - happy graduation present.

bob said...

Katie, as much as I appreciate your offer, I'd rather not...

It's a kind offer, but I just can't say yes to that!

:)

MLE said...

I completely remember that exit counseling session myself--suddenly you're faced with the reality that these past few years of bliss really were a precursor for reality! But that warm blankie of indebtedness IS kinda nice...I know that for all the uncertain things in this world, I will be writing a check on the 2nd of every month for a VERY LONG TIME. And that is a nice, certain feeling.