"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My life in Disarray

So now that I'm officially done with classes, I have been focusing on attempting to really begin packing and getting ready for my westward move. Needless to say as the images will show, I have a lot of stuff and it's spread all over the basement/my room/which is the basement.

Three things I'm looking forward to the most about moving to Denver:
1) My walls won't be cracked foundation letting in the rain/melt water to soak my carpet and create ideal mold living conditions.
2) I will be above ground.
and a big ol' 3) living with Bee!!!

Really though, the house has been really good. I've loved living here this past year and will miss my roommates terribly.

On to the photos showing the disaster area that is packing central...

My once orderly shelves, a mess and half emptied...



My bed, covered in random stuff to be boxed/sorted/who knows what... unmade, with boxes ready to be filled.



The rest of the basement. No not all that is mine, but that is a lot of my art supplies... not all, but a lot. Hmm...

So, I think I have a good start on things. I should be able to get everything packed and done by May 30. But for now, I need to head to bed; tomorrow is another day.

But first I have to clean off my bed...

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

One nice thing about having you finished with classes is that we get to see more blogs and you have time to communicate! Yeah - see you in a day.

B said...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET OUT HERE! But I may have to rethink some storage ideas after seeing all the STUFF you're bringing! JK.