"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Monday, May 14, 2007

Irony...

So while perusing CNN's headlines while at work this evening, I found an ironic and somewhat frustrating story.
This compounded not only by the fact that I disagree with what originally happened, but by the reasoning for his resignation...

From CNN:
"The No. 2 official at the Justice Department, Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty, submitted his resignation to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, the Justice Department announced Monday.

McNulty cited personal reasons for his resignation.

"The financial realities of college-age children and two decades of public service lead me to a long overdue transition in my career," he wrote in his resignation letter.

A source close to McNulty told CNN that the deputy attorney general had planned to resign from the $165,000-a-year job about a month ago, but decided to announce the move at a conference of U.S. attorneys in Texas."


Ok, so the politics aside, he's getting $165,000 a year, and he claims hardship for putting his children through college?! What has he been spending his money on?! I do believe that all 4 of the Bosschers went through CALVIN on two Christian school teacher's salaries, and unless I'm mistaken that's no where near $165,000. Talk about money-mismanagement.

This the same week I sign my loan repayment plan does not make me happy.

1 comment:

MLE said...

I agree. This whole Gonzalez this is getting to be quite a mess indeed. We're reading "The Crucible" right now. In some ways, the court scene there reminds me of the hearings right now--with all the lying how are we ever going to REALLY find out who is telling the truth? And in the meantime, isn't there a better way to spend our time than asking the same questions over and over again?