"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Friday, June 15, 2007

Resume and Cover Letter

Well, I just spent another two hours putting finishing touches on my resume and cover letter. It's a funny thing because the resume and cover letter that I worked so hard on in my senior seminar class is mostly useless in applying for real jobs.

Who wants to hear about the art shows I've been in when what they really want to know is if I can type and have people skills.

Thankfully I've had enough varied jobs over the years that I feel I am qualified for most of the jobs for which I am applying to.

Now let's just hope the employers think that!

I am also, in addition to the seeming legion of retail establishments, applying to Parker Adventist Hospital. Yes the same one Bee works at part time. But I'm applying for a Unit Nursing Secretary position which actually sounds like a lot of fun. They are the ones answering the phones on the floor, and no, I would not be on the same floor as Bee. :)

We'll see how things pan out...

No comments: