"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Trip to Denver

Well, the trip out to Denver went well. No problems with the truck or the car, though I had a few anxious moments when I was looking at all of my worldly possessions in a single space, and though things are not the point of life, they make things easier and hold memories that I was worried about losing. Nothing happened though, no boxes flying off the back of the truck at 70 mph, no stolen truck or any thing like that.

And now I'm here, and have been doing the things that one needs to when one changes residences, such as waiting for 3.5 hours at the DMV for a transferred driver's license, sitting at the bank while they add me as a new member of the Members Federal Credit Union, and all things like that...

I've already filled out about 6 applications, and am well into the process of unpacking my things, and I've even made friends with Hal, who is on my lap at this moment, begging for head scratches. And of course I'm willing to oblige him. When he's not meowing at 3:00 in the morning, he really is quite sweet.

And now, some pictures- some of the trip out, and some of my studio setup which i worked on today for a while, setting up the fish tanks and moving the table and chair to where I want it...


Loaded and ready to roll.

What I watched for the entire trip....



Ok, so the plains states are pretty pretty.



One of many windmills we saw while driving... even cooler was seeing 5 semi's with the huge blades for new ones going up. A single blade was the length of the semi flatbed... maybe longer.



My studio/own space in the basement, yes for those of you who know that is Dad's old Lay-z-boy


My shelves, with art books and art supplies.


A cool plant in one of my tanks... yeah, its cool, trust me.

And finally, two pictures of my buddy, Hal.
-Halbert, Halidol, Haliburton, Hallelujah-
whatever his name is, he's the funniest cat.



No comments: