"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What to wear?

So for my interview tomorrow, I'm not quite sure what I should wear. Do I go with tie or no tie, black, khaki, or charcoal grey pinstripe pants, plain shirt with a tie or colorful shirt with none?

So I thought, why not give you examples to help me out with. So here they are:

Charcoal grey pinstripe with blue and green button up


Charcoal grey pinstripe with light blue and white strpied button up

Charcoal grey pinstripe with solid light blue button up with pink and blue tie

Charcoal grey pinstripe with solid light blue button up with yellow tie

Khaki pants with solid light blue button up with yellow tie
(could use pink and blue tie here as well)

Khaki pants with yellow and blue button up
(this shirt didn't look good with the charcoal grey pinstripe)

And to make matters worse, I also have plain black pants which would go with any of the shirts that I wore with the charcoal grey ones...

So my questions are as follows, and please answer:
1. Tie or no tie? if no tie, my shirt options open up more, but is it not as professional?
2. Which pants? the Charcoal grey ones are dressier, but are they good for an interview?
3. shirts galore! which one?

As of right now I'm leaning to the first one, the charcoal grey pinstripe with the blue and green stripe button up. But I'm nor sure if I need a tie.

So there's your mission, help me figure out what I need to wear.

Oh and one more thing, I'm interviewing at a national clothing store, not too dressy style, but still nice, so I do need to look like I have some sense of style!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like the last picture best - Old Navy isn't really a tie type of place. A little more on the casual side would be better.

And how long did it take you to put all those clothes on and off and take pictures?! You definitely need a job. ;)

Gayle and Rob said...

Ditto on what Katie said - I think Old Navy is pretty casual and that last combination looked nice. I agree that you need something else to occupy your time. Love you, praying for you tomorrow --and every day---Mom