"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Friday, February 15, 2008

a list

things that made me laugh in the past few days:
- the 'ladies' at Potter's Guild on Tuesday night telling me not many men last working with them in the evenings. this after a 30 minute discussion of menopause and the temperature of the room.
- the dog last night, upon receiving new toys and a new kennel pillow. hopefully she will not destroy the pillow in a day or two.
- finding Mighty Morphing Power Ranger valentines to give to my coworkers for only $1.99. at least they were better than 'Bratz' valentines.
- the way in which the weather can be sunny and 60 degrees in the afternoon, and cool down and snow later that evening.
- Hal the cat chasing shadows.
- emailing my friends and catching up on how things are.
- attempting to explain what I'm doing with my ceramics to other people at the art center. 'But that's a lot of work for a vase' or 'How many hours did you spend on that?'

4 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

Did you tell them it wasn't a "vase"? I'm guessing you have all levels of art and craft in that guild, just like we have all levels at the quilt guild. Last week one gal had a show and tell that looked like something Inu might like in his kennel - and then there are the masterpieces of color and skill that make my weep.

Justy said...

I'm really glad to see you're making things again. The things you're making look really good, too.

I assume you're working in a UICA type place?

Gayle and Rob said...

When someone next says, "That's a lot of work for a vase," you can reply, "So...how do YOU spell dilettante?" - Dad

MLE said...

Hey, the conversation with the ladies sounds a lot like some of the things that went on in library cataloging back in the day. The diaper stories of Francene, the cat issues with someone (I can't remember now), the mood swings, and Paul coming down to dip into our chocolate jar even though he knew full well why we had one! Good times!