"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

Today will be a first for me. Later I will participate in a caucus. I have no idea what to expect, and really am more interested in the process... though I do care about who gets nominated. Should be interesting at least!

Hal is in a very cuddly mood today. Beth said he was like that when she got home this morning, and indeed he's been on my lap, attempting to interfere with my typing and surfing for the last 20 minutes. But it's an alright interference; the purring is relaxing and like a mini-massage. And it's better than the playful biting that sometimes comes out (not often, but man he has sharp nippers!)

Work was just that, busy (not with customers, but with shipment) and difficult. The downer was dropping a heavy (read VERY HEAVY) MDF shelf on my left foot. The corner hit my second toe right at the cuticle, and it's still hurting. I guess the nail bed is uber sensitive or something, but man it smarts....
I'm in for a later shift tomorrow, so I'll be able to sleep in, but that means I need to do my laundry and empty the dishwasher this afternoon. Perhaps I'll even sneak in a nap.

It snowed again today, or maybe it was just leftovers from yesterday, but needless to say, it was pretty. And pretty horrendous driving again at 3:45 this morning before the plows got going. But the sun's out now, and it's starting to melt away even as I speak.I love the blue sky, and open space behind our house... hard to believe on the other side of the house is a metropolis of over 3 million people...

And this angle is just to show the crazy trails the dog makes running around playing. She likes to eat the snow in addition to just going insane in it.

2 comments:

Gayle and Rob said...

I love the new look of your blog --I love that you are blogging again -- I love that thing that shows your art work, is it easy to set up? Good to have some news from you. Mom

bob said...

the little Flikr badge took a little finesse but wasn't too hard. I guess I like blogging again... makes for nice conversation between the family!