"the artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
- w. edward brown

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

studio time

I have to say that I love being back in the studio. And a flexible schedule (of course by that I mean a schedule where my managers schedule me whenever they want) that allows me some hours in the day to go to the studio is wonderful. Things are in process, and maybe soon I'll take a photo or two of works in progress...

but now, bed- for tomorrow is another very early morning.

Oh, it snowed again today, and while I hate other drivers in the snow, I do like it when it's coming down. Makes me feel like a little kid again for some reason.


and just because i miss firing the kiln...

9 comments:

B said...

Nice new blog! Just curious, what is that a picture of?

Gayle and Rob said...

OOO, I know that one! It's the cones that tell when the kiln has reached a certain temperature by starting to bend over. BJ, are they called firing cones?

Katie said...

I like being able to read your blog easier - all that black was starting to get on my nerves. Much better.

No snow here. Today it's 55 out - feels like spring.

Katie said...

Hey, you know what's funny? I was re-reading some of your old blog posts (I was surprised that we've all got 4 years in our archives now!) and saw that in Jan 2006 you took a superhero quiz that said you were Iron Man. I saw an ad last night that it's been made into a movie starring, of all people, Robert Downey Jr. Weird, huh? I still don't know who Iron Man is, but Alec was pretty jazzed about it.

bob said...

Ha! yes Mom they are firing cones, specifically Orton (the manufacturer) and are different than the ones they use in Europe. Guess the whole F to C change means they need another manufacturer there.

As for the Iron Man, not really a fan. I did see a preview for it, and it might be cool, but like Daredevil, The Hulk, and too many other good comic books, I'm afraid it will be a mediocre movie. I still think the only good Marvel comic translation to the big screen is X-Men.
But that's just an opinion!

bob said...

... or Dad... oops...

you know, you really need to sign a name when you comment!

MLE said...

Love the new look! Thanks for informing me (us) about your life!

Katie said...

You don't like Spiderman? Or is that not Marvel?

bob said...

I think Spiderman is Marvel, and to be honest, the first was good, but they are not my faves... maybe it's the combination of the actors or something, but I'm just not a fan... the new Superman was ok, but again, now a fave!